Our first time going to Nauvoo and our last fall break--- we knew we better take the chance and see some church history while we were so close to them. Our good friends went too so we had fun staying at the same hotel and swimming with them. I just LOVED this trip! It was short but fun! Tyler was so fascinated with Carthage.(this was my favorite part of the trip). I just loved the beautiful drive along the river!
I had the opportunity to drive around the temple at night and no one was around. I got to just sit and ponder on my feelings. It was such a neat experience and a tangible feeling there. You feel such love for the early saints that sacrificed so much to worship in a temple. And now we have so many of them. And you feel sad for them that they were driven out of this city. It almost feels empty there. (sorry I couldn't stop taking pics it was so beautiful!)






CARTHAGE JAIL
Tyler was so fascinated by this. You can really feel that this is where our Prophet Joseph Smith was martyred






















0 comments:
Post a Comment