Friday, February 20, 2009
Never a DULL MOMENT. . . . or should I say DULL needle?
I guess it was bound and determinded to happen at one point or another. . . .
I sewed through my finger with the sewing machine- OUCH!!!
I blame this one on Naomi. I was helping her quilt her quilt and it was giving me hassles. The next thing I knew is my needle broke, and I looked down to see what happened- then at about the same time I noticed my finger hurt REALLY REALLY bad- Well you guessed it- the needle was in my FINGER. It was sticking out but had broken off in my finger- and sticking out of my fingernail. It was almost all the way through the other sides- just layers of skin away. It hurt like HE**!!! I kept saying OUCH, OUCH, OUCH-- like that will make it better.
I ran next door to KJ's- she wasn't there. I looked around to see who was home- then ran to Naomi's afterall I was working on her quilt. After she saw the PANIC in my face she called for Russ when then proceeded to yank it out with some plyers. (this part didn't hurt actually) For the next two days my finger throbbed. It is still a little tender but is getting better! My mom asked if I took a picture for the blog? Sorry, I guess I didn't think of that one while I had a needle sticking out of my finger. It's a good thing-My fellow quilters might have quit sewing. Moral of the story--- KEEP sewing, just be careful!
The needle still had the blood on it and the thread. yuck!
Posted by BEESTON at 10:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh my goodness!! That is a jaw dropping story if I ever heard one! ouch. I have this sad little picture in my head of you running around VG with a needle stuck in your finger! How awful. I'm glad you're ok though.
Wow, Carissa! I had a pretty similar experience two weeks ago with the screw that you tighten to hold the needle taking a chunk off the ege of my thumb! What we do for our creations, right? I LoVe the quilting blog you have, too. Awesome!
Post a Comment