We will start out with the HIGH LIGHT of our trip to Utah. We finalized our adoption in court and we had Meili sealed to our family. Probably the best day of my life. It was such a beautiful day. Meili looked like an angel.






I can't describe how happy Dave and I were to have Meili be sealed to our family. We love this girl so much and just can't imagine our lives with out her. She was a little fussy that day- especially since she had to get ready with out mom and dad in the temple with her- so when she got to us in the sealing room she was crying pretty hard. But the instant that she was passed to Dave "her daddy" she instantly stopped crying and layed her head on Dave's shoulder. Dave of course started to cry- which he does NOT do very often. So then everyone in the room lost it at that point. What a special day! Tyler was so good and looked so cute. I wish everyone could experience this in their lives just once. We didn't get a ton of pictures because it was so HOT- we will take some more before we leave though. Thanks to everyone who came to share it with us!
We made 40 candy lei's for all the kids. Ty was my big helper!
We had Matiki cater the meats. We served it in tiki huts. It looked like a fun bright party.After the sealing we threw a big LUAU for all our family and friends. LOTS of good food! It was fun just to celebrate.

Tyler looked just like Grandpa with black socks. I don't know who got him dressed?
Meili's soon to be hubby in about 23 years. Noah was also adopted by my good friend.Here are some more pictures from the court house. This was the first thing we did when we got to UT. And probably the most important thing on the agenda.

My brother got married to his cute fiance' Whitnie. Congrats you guys. They had a beautiful wedding and she was gorgous! They got married up the canyon and it turned out really nice. WELCOME to the family. We were glad you planned it so we could be here for it.
Grandma and Grandpa Thorne had this new jeep for the kids when they got here. So spoiled!!!

The Fire truck got there about 1/2 hour later. A little late- but before the tree caught on fire.
All our stuff got burned up- but at least we were ok.- Just had to buy new clothes, makeup, and car seats.

After the eventful day- we went to the demolition durby in Fairview. That was a blast. We hung out at the lot, and we went to the rodeo. Ended up pretty fun.
This will be a yearly tradition for sure. SO MUCH FUN!
Crawling in the dirt and eating pine cones.
YEE- HAW!!! The best part of the Rodeo were the funnel cakes.
Meili liked the Rodeo and Derby- she clapped a lot.




7 comments:
Were to start. You guys have been busy busy, and for the most part having a great time. I love the pics from you sealing and the dinner. You guys look so happy. What a wonderful experiance to have with your family. I can't believe your dads truck burned up, that is crazy. Did he have full coverage? I'm glad you guys are all okay. You take such wonderful pictures, I loved reading your blog. I miss you guys and can't wait until you come back!
Wow! I love that you always crazy stories to tell and pictures to go along with them. I'm so glad you got out of that truck alright. It was great seeing you at the Luau we had such a great time and Dylan loved his candy lei, he ate it all gone the next day. We should get together next week if you're not to busy, let me know! Oh yeah ... Congrats!!!!!
Congratulations! You have a gorgeous family.
I hope you don't mind that your mom gave us your blog address when we were in Utah a few weeks ago... we just missed your brothers wedding. :(
You are a great photographer. I love all of your pictures.
Lake Powell was awesome!! Wish we were still there. We had a great time. Have a good trip home
Holy cow!!! I feel so bad about your dad's truck, but am so glad you guys are safe!!!
first, i'm so happy for you guys that everything with meili is finally...final!
and i can't believe your dad's truck got burnt up. holy crap...that would be scary!!
Hey Carissa! It's Kel. I found your blog from Jer and Amy's blog. Your fam is gorgeous! Congrats on the adoption and the sealing. I am so glad went through. YAY for you all!
Keep in touch!
Love, Kel
Post a Comment