Monday, July 14, 2008

ONE OF THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE!!!

I hope you can see by this picture how HAPPY we were after it was done!
TODAY WAS THE DAY!! THE DAY WE FINALIZED OUR ADOPTION...... IT IS ALL LEGAL ON PAPER NOW. It was a great day. The Judge was so nice and he just looked at Meili with a huge grin on his face the whole time. After he announced that this adoption be closed and final this HUGE weight was lifted off my shoulders. Meili even started to laugh when he said that. It really was such a wonderful (EMOTIONAL) day. Yep, you guessed it. . . . I cried a LOT. But I think everyone else did too. I am so greatful for this little girl in our lives, I have always considered her "ours"- when people say she is now officially yours, I can't imagine our lives with out her- She is ours- and has been since way before 10 months ago. I am looking forward to the next week when we will go to the temple and celebrate with a HUGE luau. I am glad we had a great attorney too that finally got thid done for us. Thanks for all your support especially my friends and family that have been there through all this with us! WE LOVE YOU.


9 comments:

Summer and family said...

Congratulations guys we are so happy for you

Amy said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look how cute you guys are! I'm so glad everything went well for you today, now let's party! I can't wait for your Luau. I can see that we need to go get some luau clothes for this event. Just what I need another reason to go shopping, I love it!

Alyson said...

OK, so I am totally teary eyed. The looks on your faces are priceless, you need to frame this picture in your house. We love you guys and are celebrating for you in Omaha. Yeah!!!!!!

The Bailey's said...

Yay, I am so happy, I have been thinking about you guys. That picture says it all! I love how you gave the judge a lei too, you are so cute. Good luck with the temple, we can't wait to hear all about it! Congratulations!

The Stanley's said...

CONGRATS!! What an amazing day. You all look great in your outfits... enjoy the temple and party. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Kim and Justin said...

You guys all look so happy in this picture! We are so happy for your family. What a day to remember!

Amber said...

Carissa, I'm so excited for you and your family. Your little one's are so cute and I can't believe how big Tyler is!!!! Hope all is well with your family!!!!

Amber said...

Blogging is the best!! I found your blog from Allison. We've kept in touch from my departure from Alpine Peds.

Unknown said...

You guys are a gorgeous family! Congrats!!