Saturday, February 26, 2011

Have You Ever Seen Sarah's House on HGTV? LOVE IT, In the next few posts you will see Carissa's House, (just not on HGTV)....

OK, everyone keeps asking to see pics of my house....... Well as you all know, your house is ALWAYS a work in progress, so I haven't wanted to post pics since I wanted everything done. But as I realize every time I got to: IKEA, TJMAXX, Taipan, Thrift shops, West Elm, Pottery Barn (only looking here though), and you know...... all my favorite places I realize I will NEVER be DONE with my house...... But here I will post some of my before and after pics of my house.......

Entry way: AFTER
(the railing was one of the first things to get painted. No I did not do this my self. I hired a great painter to do it..... WELL worth it! New carpet too.)


BEFORE we transformed it:
(LOTS of honey oak, 17 yr old carpet, and dingy grey trim)



WALL ya just don't know what to do with.... AFTER:



Sometime you see all those cluttered picture collages..... I am not a fan. The way to make it work I think is to use consistency. I used all black and white/sepia pics. All frames are either black or cream, and have matching mats. The bench is also white! Haaaaa, love this wall. Of course we painted the walls and ceilings when we moved in. The bench was a $10.00 at an antique store in NE. (like most of my junk. hee hee) Frames are from IKEA, Hobby Lobby, Walmart or I just had them in my stash! Printing the pics. $18.00 and some change. Not too shabby huh!

Wall BEFORE (previous owners): notice the honey oak again, and the green walls. (the cute old lady is my grandma- on the tour of my house before we bought it.)

TO BE CONTINUED.....

1 comments:

angie said...

i'm not even surprised your house is AWESOME!! all the changes you've made are SO BEAUTIFUL. someday when i buy a house you have to come make it awesome for me. seriously... you are so talented!! next time we're up north we have to get together. or... you just need to vacay at lake powell this summer!